Become a Referee
Courses available in English and Spanish.
NOTE: You must create a profile and be logged in to see all available courses. See instructions below.
|AGE||MINIMUM AGE OF 13|
|REGISTRATION||IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER|
|PREVIOUS GAME EXPERIENCE||N/A|
|EDUCATIONAL TRAINING||ONLINE MODULE + FIELD SESSION|
|SAFETY COMPLIANCE||SAFESPORT + INTRO TO HEALTH AND SAFETYIN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER|
|BACKGROUND CHECK||IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER|
|LAWS OF THE GAME||IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER|
|QUIZ||IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER|
|BACKGROUND CHECK (18+)||SUBMIT ALL FORMS|
|SAFESPORT (18+)||1 HOUR|
|INTRO TO HEALTH AND SAFETY||30 MIN|
|ONLINE GRASSROOTS MODULE||4-5 HOURS|
|LAWS OF THE GAME||30 MIN|
STEP 1: SIGN UP IN THE LEARNING CENTER
- Navigate to https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee
- Select “Sign Up” in the upper right corner
- Enter your information (Must have referee’s email address as primary, parent’s email is secondary)
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE COURSE
- Select “Courses” on the top navigation bar: The system will automatically load the Available Courses menu upon arrival.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, select Grassroots – First-Time Referees
- Click “Go to Course List“
- Select a course with a field session that is in your area or a field session that you can attend and register for the course. VIEW COURSE LIST HERE.
- Complete the assignments BEFORE attending the field session. If assignments are not complete you may be transferred to a later course.
- Attend the field session.
- Your badge will be given to you upon completion of the field session.
Should you need any assistance with registration, email the CNRA Registrar.
All Entry Level Courses that end prior to June 25th will be registered for the current year. Students that successfully complete these courses will receive a Referee badge for the current year and can begin refereeing immediately. Referees are required to renew their license annually for the upcoming season.
Referees that complete their Entry Level Referee Course on or after July 1 will be registered for the next year and receive a Referee badge. These new referees will be able to referee the remaining season in addition to also being able to referee the next year before needing to renew their annual license.
All referees must enter their personal information in order to ref for our soccer games in the recreational and competitive program. Make sure you enter your information correctly.
All US Soccer referee grades require annual recertification. Advanced referee grades have fitness, testing, and inservice attendance requirements.
CNRA will open up new Entry Level courses for new referee certification. All courses will still feature a digital field session instead of an in-person field session until further notice.